Friday, November 25, 2005

Forgetting the way to live

Recently I met two of my friends. One was already into the job with me for the last three years. The other one recently joined my organisation & was hardly 1 month old.He came to visit mje some time back & my god what an enthusiasm he displayed.Bubbling with confidence he told me that he will stick to the organisation for the first one year & if he is not satisfied with the kind of job he will get or do then he will switch over or do some higher studies. Our talk was full of life & plans about how he will go about the job & why he likes this profession & all those kind of talks which a kid talks when it gets a new dress to wear. The other friend I sometimes go to tea with & our talks are full of the petty politics that are being played in our organisations, about someone who has gone on site & stayed there for last two years & still we are in the same place for the last two years. Sometimes it feels so boaring that in stead of sipping coffee & getting refreshment I feel like going to a lonely place & sit there calmly without thinking anything abt the job I am doin & the kind of profession I am into. See the contrasting features. One is just a new born kid on the block & the other one is a so to say in the youth of his career.When the person should be more energetic in his or her youth the opposite seems to be happening. Sometimes I wonder if it is the price ine has to pay for being in a profession which pays more & expects the same in the quanity of job also. Why can't we have organisations where we nurture the energy of the new born kids & utilize that to grow the organisations as well as the individuals??Why do we allow the kid to become a frowning adult?? The day we realise that & our organisations become aware of this on that day we will have people who will ride the horse of enthusiasm to conquer the world

No comments: